What is it?
Complete Image Styles is a Joomla plugin that provides a full collection of styles for images. Now, you can make your images much more attractive by applying to them many styles. Complete Image Styles brings together all the standard and new styles that appeared with the growth of CSS. Styles like border, shadow, rounded corners, frame, shake, polaroid, embossed, perspective, lifted corners, raised box, cutout, glowing, reflection, curves, captions, transform and others can be applied alone or in combination.
In order to style an image you can use the predefined themes, you can modify them according to your needs or create a custom theme from scratch. Your themes will be saved in the plugin and can be reused easily to any existing or future image in your website.
No coding skills are required. Only the plugin and a good content editor like JCE Editor or JCK Editor or CKEditor. So, wherever you have access to the editor (all articles and all modules) you can apply easily the styles. Developers who have knowledge of CSS can apply the styles to images of other Joomla extensions (like VirtueMart, SOBI2, Phoca Gallery etc.) if the code of the extension allows that.
Complete Image Styles plugin version 2.1.5 has many new features.
- Responsive. Responsive images will remain responsive with the styles.
- Use of jQuery for better compatibility with the new versions of Joomla.
- Ready made styles (themes) for faster and easier use.
- Improved administration with explanatory images.
- Usability escalation. User has three options:
- Use the ready made styles (novice level).
- Modify the ready made styles (intermediate level).
- Create custom styles from scratch (higher level).
Technical and compatibility information you should know about the plugin.
- Compatible image types: jpg, gif, png.
- Compatible Joomla version: 2.5.x and 3.x.
- Compatible browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE9 or later, Opera, Safari.
This plugin has been tested with the latest versions of Joomla 2.5.x and Joomla 3.x, VirtueMart, K2, Phoca Gallery using the default Joomla template and the Gantry framework.