Notice: Don't forget to unzip the downloaded file. In there you will find two versions of Trendy Devices Showcase, one for Joomla 1.5.x and a second for Joomla 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x and a third for Joomla 3.x.
- Download Trendy Devices Showcase.
- In the Joomla control panel select: "Extensions" > "Install/Uninstall" for Joomla 1.5.x or "Extensions" > "Extension Manager" for Joomla 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x & 3.x.
- In the Upload Package File section click Browse and locate the Trendy Devices Showcase module.
- Then click Upload File & Install to upload the file and complete the installation.
In order to configure Trendy Devices Showcase go to the Joomla control panel and select: Extensions > Module Manager. Locate Trendy Devices Showcase in the list and click it. You can see the Parameters of the module as below:
|Module Parameters in Joomla 1.6, 1.7, 2.5
||Module Parameters in Joomla 3.x
Trendy Devices Showcase has the following parameters:
- Dimensions Help: Display help about the dimensions of the device and the content space.
- Help Guide: Detailed instructions about the module.
- Device: The device to be used.
- Device Size (%): The size (percent) of the device. Value: Any integer between 20 and 100.
- Device Buttons: Display buttons to move to the next or previous content item.
- Device Buttons Style: The style of the buttons to move to the next or previous content item.
- Content Type: The type of the content to be shown in the device. This selection affects the 'Content Definition' field.
- Content Definition: The content to be displayed. Use the XML format as shown beside or you can see Help Guide above for more information. It will be easier to edit the xml document in an external editor and then copy paste it here.
- Content Transition Type: The way content items will change. Content items can change by a) fading b) scrolling horizontally c) scrolling vertically.
- Content Transition Effect: The effect used when the content is scrolling left or right. These effects do not work when 'Content Transition Type' is set to 'Fading'.
- Content Transition Interval (sec): The duration in seconds that each content item is being displayed including the duration of the transition effect (1 sec). Values: Any number between 1 and 60. (e.g. 3.5).
- Shuffle Content: Shuffle the content items.
- Content Background Color: The background color of the device screen (e.g. '#1AA1EF'). Leave empty for default color.
- Content Font Color: The font color of the text inside devices (e.g. '#FECE14'). This applies only to articles. Leave empty for default color.
- Content Link Target: The target where the links of the content items will open.
- Mediabox Style: The theme of the Mediabox.
- Content Player Controls: Show or hide control buttons when playing video or audio. Recommended to hide controls when the size of the device is small.
- Module Background Color: The background color of the module (e.g. '#343434'). Leave empty for transparent background.
- Module Rounded Corners (px): The size in pixels of the rounded corners of the module background. Set it to zero (0) for square corners. CAUTION: Rounded corners and border together are not supported by all broswers.
- Module Padding (px): The size in pixels of the module padding.
- Module Text: A simple text to be shown next to the device. Use of HTML is allowed.
- Module Text Position: The position of the module text in relevance to the module.
- Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows for individual Module styling.
- Small fix in IE.
- Support for Joomla 3.x.
- Secondary fixes.
- New version of lightbox with many themes.
- Custom size support without device as decoration.
- Secondary importance improvements in the administration of the module.
- Secondary importance fixes in the effects.
- First release of the Trendy Devices Showcase module.
The developer can set the size of the devices according to his/her needs. The size of the devices can vary from very big covering the whole body of the web site to very small fitting to module positions. In addition there is a parameter that shows the dimensions of the device and the content space so the developer can fit with precision the device in his/her template and to prepare content to fit exactly in the devices.
The module contains detailed instructions on how to define the displayed content. Also for your convenience the module is already parameterized to work with sample content. If you want more examples you can visit the demos of this module. Below each demo there are the settings of the parameters.