Notice: Don't forget to unzip the downloaded file. In there you will find two versions of VirtueMart Pop Product Slider, one for Joomla 1.5 and a second for Joomla 1.6, 1.7 & 2.5.
- Download VirtueMart Pop Product Slider.
- In the Joomla control panel select: "Extensions" > "Install/Uninstall" for Joomla 1.5 or "Extensions" > "Extension Manager" for Joomla 1.6, 1.7 & 2.5.
- In the Upload Package File section click Browse and locate the downloaded file.
- Then click Upload File & Install to upload the file and complete the installation.
In order to configure VirtueMart Pop Product Slider go to the Joomla control panel and select: Extensions > Module Manager. Locate VirtueMart Pop Product Slider in the list and click it. You can see the Parameters of the module as below:
VirtueMart Pop Pop Product Slider for Joomla has the following parameters:
- Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows for individual Module styling.
- Show: Show products or categories.
- - Products -
- Product Selection Type: The way you are going to define the presented products.
- Categories: The categories whose products are going to be shown.
- Specific Products IDs: The IDs of the products to be shown. Set to 0 to select all products.
- Featured Products Only: Show only the featured products.
- Product Order: The order in which products are shown in the slider.
- - Categories -
- Categories: The categories to be showed in the module.
- Categories Order: The order in which categories are shown in the slider.
- Link Target: The target where links will open.
- Link Destination: Links will show the product page or only the product image (big size).
- Show Short Description: Show the short description of the products.
- Show Product Title: Show the titles of the products.
- Product Title Font Size: The font size of the titles (product name) below the images.
- Product Title Font Color: The font color of the titles below the images (e.g. #343434). Leave empty for white color.
- Product Box Background Color: Set the background color of the boxes that contain the products (e.g. #191919).
- Product Image Background Color: Set the background color behind the images (e.g. #DFDFDF). Images need to have transparency.
- Outer Shadow: Drop shadow around the product box.
- Inner Shadow: Apply inner shadow to the prudct images. This shadow is visible only to images with transparency around them.
- Rounded Corners (px): Set any number equal or bigger than 1 to apply rounded corners to the procuct box. Set to 0 for square corners. Default value is 15.
- Module Background Color: The background color of the module (e.g. #343434). Leave empty for transparent background.
- Module Width (px): The width in pixels of the module.
- Image Small Width (px): The small width in pixels of each image (when mouse is not over).
- Image Small Height (px): The small height in pixels of each image (when mouse is not over).
- Image Big Width (px): The big width in pixels of each image (when mouse is over).
- Image Big Height (px): The big height in pixels of each image (when mouse is over).
- Slide Speed: The images sliding speed. Slowest='1', Fastest='99'.
- Initial Position: The position of the slider starting to show images. Left='0', Center='50', Right='100'.
- Show Buttons: Show buttons to slide the products.
- Buttons Style: The buttons style.
- Auto Slide: Images slide automatically left and right when cursor is not above them.
- Auto Slide Speed: The speed of the images when they slide automatically.
- Auto Slide Start Delay: The time in seconds to wait after the webpage is loaded and before the auto slide start.
- Auto slide support.
- Possibility to show categories except products.
- Minor code changes.
- Small improvement to the initial position of the images.
- Support for many instances in the same page.
- Code improvements.
- Elimination of products repetition when they belong in many categories or have many images.
- New version of MediaboxAdvanced (lightbox).
- Improvements in administration panel.
- Links on images can open product pages or product images.
- User can filter products per category.
- Buttons support as alternative way to slide the images.
- Show or hide product titles.
- First release of the VM Pop Product Slider module.
The developer can set up the width and the height of the product images, in normal and zoomed state, according to his/her needs. Width and height in zoomed state must be equal or greater to the width and height in normal state respectively. In most cases the width and height in zoomed state must be proportionally increased to the dimensions in normal state, but it's not necessary.