In order to install the module in Joomla 2.5.x do the following:
- Download VirtueMart Pop Product Slider.
- In the Joomla control panel select "Extensions" > "Extension Manager".
- In the Upload Package File section click Browse and locate the downloaded file.
- Then click Upload File & Install to upload the file and complete the installation.
In order to configure VirtueMart Pop Product Slider go to the Joomla control panel and select: Extensions > Module Manager. Locate VirtueMart Pop Product Slider in the list and click it. You can see the Parameters of the module as below:
VirtueMart Pop Product Slider for Joomla has the following parameters:
- Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows for individual Module styling.
- Module Width (px): The width in pixels of the module or 'auto' for responsive behavior.
- Module Background Color: The background color of the module (e.g. #343434). Leave empty for transparent background.
- Items: Show products or categories.
- Product Selection Type: The way you are going to define the displayed products.
- Categories: The categories whose products are going to be shown.
- Specific Products IDs: The IDs of the products to be shown. Set to 0 to select all products.
- Featured Products Only: Show only the featured products.
- Product Order: The order in which products are shown in the slider.
- Show Category Selector: Show a dropdown list for filtering products per category.
- Categories: The categories to be showed in the module.
- Categories Order: The order in which categories are shown in the slider.
- Item Background Color: Set the background color of the items (e.g. #191919).
- Item Outer shadow: Drop shadow around the items.
- Image Small Width (px): The small width in pixels of each image (when mouse is not over).
- Image Small Height (px): The small height in pixels of each image (when mouse is not over).
- Image Big Width (px): The big width in pixels of each image (when mouse is over).
- Image Big Height (px): The big height in pixels of each image (when mouse is over).
- Image Background Color: Set the background color behind the images of the items (e.g. #DFDFDF). Images need to have transparency.
- Image Inner Shadow: Apply inner shadow to the images of the items. This shadow is visible only to images with transparency around them.
- Rounded Corners (px): Set any number equal or bigger than 1 to apply rounded corners to the items and the images. Set to 0 for square corners. Default value is 15.
- Show Item Title: Show the titles of the products or the categories.
- Item Title Font Size: The font size of the titles (product name) below the images.
- Item Title Font Color: The font color of the titles below the images (e.g. #343434). Leave empty for white color.
- Show Short Description: Show the short descriptions of the products or the categories.
- Link Target: The target where links will open.
- Link Description: Links will show the product page or only the product image (big size).
- Show Buttons: Show buttons to slide the items.
- Buttons Style: The buttons style.
- Auto Slide: Items slide automatically left and right when cursor is not above them.
- Auto Slide Speed: The sliding speed when the items slide automatically.
- Auto Slide Start Delay: The time in seconds to wait after the webpage is loaded and before the auto slide start.
- Slide Speed: The items sliding speed. Slowest='1', Fastest='99'.
- Initial Position: The position of the slider starting to show items. Left='0', Center='50', Right='100'.
- Responsive behavior.
- Improvements to the administration area.
- Minor code changes to support the new database of a fresh VirtueMart installation.
- Small improvement to the initial position of the products.
- Support for many instances in the same page.
- Code improvements.
- Elimination of products repetition when they belong in many categories or have many images.
- New version of MediaboxAdvanced (lightbox).
- Improvements in administration panel.
- Links on images can open product pages or product images.
- User can filter products per category.
- Buttons support as alternative way to slide the images.
- Show or hide product titles.
- First release of the VM Pop Product Slider module.
The developer can set up the width and the height of the product images, in normal and zoomed state, according to his/her needs. Width and height in zoomed state must be equal or greater to the width and height in normal state respectively. In most cases the width and height in zoomed state must be proportionally increased to the dimensions in normal state, but it's not necessary.